I believe you can draw any DisplayObject onto a BitmapData instance and get
an Image that way. So something like

var bmpData:BitmapData = new BitmapData();
bmpData.draw(loaderObject.content);
var bmp:Bitmap = new Bitmap(bmpData);
var image:Image = new Image();
image.source = bmp;

that's all uncompiled untested code, but the idea should work.