I'm a little unclear how one associates multiple series to the same
axis, when there are multiple axes present.

With secondVerticalAxis (or whatever it was called) deprecated, it
appears that the axis definitions must go inside a series definition.
But now I want yet another series to refer to the same axis. Do I just
put the axis under an arbitrary series, and then refer to it by id in
the other series, or do I define an axis for each series, but only
reference a subset of them in the <mx:verticalAxisRenderers> tag?

Thanks!