Hello all,

I am still trying to get this master policy server setup sorted out. I
have tested couple different policy servers:

http://blog.zappmonkey.com/2008/01/13/tcltk-flash-socket-policy-server/
http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flashplayer/articles/socket_policy_files.html

and they appear to work as expected when tested from the command-line:

perl -e 'printf "<policy-file-request/>\0"' | nc mysite.com 843

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE cross-domain-policy SYSTEM
"http://www.macromedia.com/xml/dtds/cross-domain-policy.dtd";>
<cross-domain-policy>
        <site-control permitted-cross-domain-policies="all"/>
        <allow-access-from domain="*" to-ports="6666"/>
</cross-domain-policy>

I still see no evidence that the Flash Player is trying to get a
policy file from port 843 tho. Nothing noted in the policylog.txt &
using tcpdump I dont see anything except an attempt to get
http://mysite:6666/crossdomain.xml .

As noted in earlier messages I have the line

Security.loadPolicyFile('xmlsocket://mysite.com:843');

Anyone had to set up a policy server and can give me ideas on how to
pin the issue?

Thanks,

- Ivo

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, Jesús Iglesias <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi!!
>

> You have to make a socket policy master SERVER, it's not just an http
> request to port 843.
>
> You need a server listening on port 843 responding to requests but
not as a
> http protocol.
>

> Here you have one that is working fine:
>
> http://blog.zappmonkey.com/2008/01/13/tcltk-flash-socket-policy-server/