Robert,

Well that certain made it spring to life! Thank you. It now throws an
exception back to the front end with a Client.Authentication faultCode
and faultString = "Login required before authorization can proceed".
The developers doc imply that the browser should pop a login dialog
box, but that isn't happening. I ultimately want to capture the
exception and login in my Flex app anyway.

server="JBoss" must have worked at one point because I have seen
several references on the web that use it...

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Robert Cadena" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> try setting "server" to "Tomcat" instead of "JBoss" in your
> services-config.xml > security > login command node?
>
> /r
>
> On Thu, May 1, 2008 at 12:50 PM, Jim Boone <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Mete,
> >
> > Thank you for the response. Unfortunately, I am still having troubles.
> >
> > I have:
> > * confirmed that the Tomcat Valve is being loaded correctly.
> > * defined the TomcatLoginCommand in services-config.xml (see below).
> > * secured the destination (see remoting-config.xml below).
> > * configured JBoss to use a UsersRolesLoginModule and added the user
> >  and basic_access role (same concept as adding Tomcat users and
> >  roles).
> > * not set any credentials in the Actionscript code.
> > * DID NOT secure the endpoint in the web.xml since your guidance
> >  didn't included it and therefore implies you don't need to.
> >
> > The results?  I was not prompted with the web browser Basic login
> > prompt and the destination was not secured. I could contact the
> > destination even though I was not authenticated. It didn't work!
> > Ahhhhhhhhhhhh. Any other thoughts?
> >
> > Jim
> >
> > === services-config.xml ===
> > <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> > <services-config>
> >
> >        <services>
> >                <service-include file-path="remoting-config.xml" />
> >                <service-include file-path="messaging-config.xml" />
> >        </services>
> >
> >        <factories>
> >                <factory id="ejb"
class="com.adobe.ac.ejb.EJB3Factory" />