Thanks for that Seth, its definately a step in the right direction.

I have now removed the fds.swc from the module project's build path
but i am getting a few compilation errors on VO classes i have
defined to be used in the managed collection of objects...

1045: Interface IManaged was not found

I think this is why i had to add the fds.swc to the project in the
first place.

Thanks again for your suggestions and if you can think of anything
else i would appreciate it.

Barry

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Seth Hodgson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Hi Barry,
>
> You need to only link the classes defined in fds.swc into your root
application swf, and your modules need to rely on those class
definitions rather than each of them individually containing
duplicate class defs from fds.swc.

> I'm not a modules guru, but take a look at the 'Controlling module
size' section here:

http://livedocs.adobe.com/flex/201/html/wwhelp/wwhimpl/common/html/wwh
elp.htm?context=LiveDocs_Book_Parts&file=modular_083_4.html