I'm working with the Flash/Flex component kit and I have created some
swc and swf files with a base class of UIMovieClip.

All of the tutorials I've seen/read describe using the swc file to
instantiate the Flash component in a Flex component.

I have an application that requires these components to be loaded
dynamically so I'm using a loader object to do this and I use the
class name of the symbol that is exported in the SWF to instantiate
the symbol.

So far so good. My problem arises when I try to add an instance as a
child to a Flex container. mxmlc throws a 'type coercion error' that
my UIMovieClip does not implement IUIComponent.

Reading flashdocs and flex component kit docs, however, it clearly
state that UIMovieclip objects can be used just like any native Flex
component.

My work around at the moment is the create an intermediate
UIComponent, add my Flash symbol instance as a child and then add this
UIComponent as a child to the panel. This is okay for now but makes
several things more complex.

Anyone know what this is all about?

Also, I've tried to dynamically load a SWF to be used a skin for a
button, but this seems not possible. Can anyone verify if this can be
done at all?

Thanks.