Thanks! I actually tried the LinearAxis to begin with, but gave up on it
after my first attempt since it didn't seem to work right. Since the
CategoryAxis worked right away, I didn't explore the issue any further.
After playing around with the LinearAxis some more, I got it working the way
it should. CartesianDataCanvas now plots like a charm.

Thanks again for the help!
~Aaron