I've been having trouble with multiple instances of my views being
created when I change states. I have two RoomView classes that each
subclass the same BaseRoomView superclass, and which contain an
instance of a Room view class. Since I only ever want one of them on
the screen at a time, I thought I'd try doing them as singletons.

I tried it with my Room class. It extends UIComponent, with singleton
access control implemented the way Cairngorm ModelLocators are done.
But  When I run the profiler in Flex Builder, there are still multiple
instances of it. Can views be done as singletons?

Many thanks,

OK
DAH