Alright, seems to me I have gotten it working. Thanks.
One more thing to ask though. What my checkbox does is it
enables/disables a column it is in. When it's unchecked the column is
enabled and I cam modify column's data. When I finish editng I am
clicking on a checkbox again to disable the column. What's happening
is that it takes two clicks to actually disable the column. First
click would end cell's editing mode and second one will actually
check the checkbox. I am not sure this side effect is related to this
solution, I think that's the way it works "out of the box". Do you
think it is possible to improve the solution to makes it work on the
first click?

Thanks.