Ok, here we go...
How do I instantiate a decoder:SOAPDecoder when it's an excluded
class? [ExcludeClass]

I would love to do this:

import mx.rpc.soap.SOAPDecoder;
decoder:SOAPDecoder = new SOAPDecoder();
serializedConent:SOAPResult = decoder.decode('<SOAP-ENV...>[xml
stuff]</SOAP-ENV>');

I appreciate your help thus far...really! I just need a kick in the
right direction.

Thanks,

Jeff

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Josh McDonald" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> decoder would be a SOAPDecoder, yeah. I think decode() is defined in
> IXMLDecoder or some such, and implemented in XMLDecoder. SOAPDecoder
just
> provides the SOAP-specific decoding stuff, on top of a generic
XSD-based xml