From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of yigit boyar
Sent: Thursday, May 08, 2008 1:10 AM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] reading serial port with AIR / or pipe in linux with
AIR application

hi folks,
is there a way to read data from serial port ? (RS232 - 9pin cable)
I couldn't find any example/API and not very hopeful but Java has it why not
AIR?

I have an embedded HW and the instructor requires a good looking GUI, so I
want
to do the GUI with AIR, if I can.
>From internet searchs, people suggest to write a C code to read data and
export to a file
from which Flex will read, but considering 5ms precision will not be
possible in this way. I can do this
with pipes of linux, but is there a way to pipe an AIR application with an
executable in linux ?

Any help/suggestion is welcome,
thanks

yigit