Have had same problem, I've solved it addign a scroll event to the
scrolling component, in this event I set a flag to true, and then, in
the click event, I test for the value of the flag

                        private var flagScroll:Boolean = false;
                        private function clicarScroll(e:Event):void{
                                if(!flagScroll) {
                                        Alert.show('it doesn't scrool');
                                }
                                flagScroll = false;
                        }

<mx:DataGrid  id="concellosDG"  dataProvider="{xmlListColl}"
mouseUp="clicarScroll(event)" scroll="flagScroll=true" >

> Is there an effective way to determine a click on a scroll bar
> versus a
> click on the container?
>
> <mx:Canvas height="200" width="200" verticalScrollPolicy="auto"
> click="containerClick()"/>
>
> I only want the click event to fire for the container if the click was
> NOT on the scrollBar, if the scrollBar exists.
>
> I know that I can check the container mouseX value and generally tell
> whether or not the scrollBar was clicked (assuming the contents of the
> container require a scrollBar), but that isn't fool proof,
> depending on
> whether or not there is a scrollBar. The FlashPlayer certainly can
> tell
> the difference, since it knows when to scroll and when not to scroll,
> based on where the user clicks. Seems the container class controls
> should have a couple more event triggers:
>
> verticalScrollClick and horizontalScrollClick

Ernesto Casasín
Abaco Digital, SL
José Pardo Sastrón, 7, 1
50001 Zaragoza