On 5/9/08, Gregor Kiddie <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> From the docs…
>
> "Unloads the module. Flash Player and AIR will not fully unload and garbage
> collect this module if there are any outstanding references to definitions
> inside the module."
>
> Which is what usually causes us the problems.
[snip]

About the memory thing: I had the problem of loaded SWFs not being
fully garbage collected. So I created a framework for cleaning up on
unload. It's very simple, and I've described it in this post on the
AIR list:

Basically, when you get the unload event for your module/application
SWF, you should:

1. Stop any running timers
2. Remove any 'enterFrame' event listeners
3. Close any open network connections
4. Remove any objects added to the stage
5. Remove any event listeners from the stage
6. Call dispose() on any BitmapData objects
7. Stop any sound that's playing and close the stream

... and so on.

You get the DisposalManager to call dispose() on each of your objects
on SWF unload, and the dispose() implementation is where you do the
above.

Also see Grant Skinner's article here:

http://www.gskinner.com/blog/archives/2008/04/failure_to_unlo.html

Manish