Actually it didn't. We were running into problems getting it working, so we
just ended up using php to handle the authentication and proxy the data.
This is probably better security anyways since SWFs can be decompiled, but
maybe you can get it to work if you play around with it more.

Let me know how it turns out since I am curious to know how it works.

Best Regards,
~Aaron