Hi Douglas,

thanks for the reply - yeah that's pretty much what I have at the moment (I
capture the data on MouseDown and create/display a Label on MouseMove), but
I thought it could be a little cleaner and so I was hoping I could access
the current dragProxy, use the existing data within it, all within the
MouseMove method.

This is what I currently have:

//Capture the row data when the user clicks on an item...
private function dropZoneMouseDown(event:MouseEvent):void
{
    var selectedData:XML = DataGrid(event.currentTarget).selectedItem as
XML;
    _lastSelectedName = [EMAIL PROTECTED];
    _lastSelectedAge = [EMAIL PROTECTED];
}

private function dropZoneMouseMove(event:MouseEvent):void
{
    var dragInitiator:IUIComponent = event.target as IUIComponent;
    var dragSource:DragSource = new DragSource();
    var dragProxy:Label = _dragLabel;
    dragProxy.text = _lastSelectedName + "  " + _lastSelectedAge;
    DragManager.doDrag(dragInitiator, dragSource, event, dragProxy);
 }

Cheers,
Neil