Just to update the group, I figured this out and below is a brief
description.

STEP 1 - Flex Component Kit
Export SWC from Flash using Flex Component Kit.

STEP 2 - Flex Module Project
include the SWC in a Flex project and enable the
-load-externs=report.xml compiler option. I also created an interface,
IFlashComponent that has one function getMc():UIMovieClip which
returns the symbol in the SWC as a UIMovieClip. The module implements
this interface.

STEP 3 - Flex Application Project
This is the application that loads the SWF Module from STEP2. I used
the -link-report=report.xml to generate the link report from STEP1. I
added <mx:ModuleLoader id="ml"  /> tag and following some user gesture
I set the url to the SWF from STEP2 to load it. To access the
UIMovieClip from Flash in STEP 1. I used (ml.child as
IFlashComponent).getMc() to get the UIMovieClip.

In summary, I can now change the state, trigger transitions etc. Just
like the Flex Component Kit examples explain.

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "swidnikk" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Maybe I should clarify. In STEP 2, I can load the SWF module from STEP
> 1 but what I'm really interested in is the component in the SWC file.
> I to be able to use the UIMovieClip, trigger transitions, change
> state, listen to its events etc... this is what I am having trouble
with.

> Thanks.
>

> --- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "swidnikk" <da.webs@> wrote:
> >
> > Yes, I'm familiar with Modules. During an adobe screen cast about the
> > Flex Component Kit, someone popped a question about dynamically
> > modules. I can't get this to work though!! :(
> >
> > So here's what I've tried:
> >
> > STEP 1
> > Compile a SWF module which includes the SWC file exported from Flash
> > (it works as expected when compiled as an application).
> >
> > STEP 2
> > In a second Flex application with a ModuleLoader tag, I set its url to
> > the SWF module from STEP 1. I'm strill trying to get this work but
> >
> > Am I going in the right direction? Other suggestions?
> >

> > Thanks!
> >
> > --- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Robert Stehwien" <rstehwien@>
> > wrote:
> >

> > > For dynamic libraries check out modules mx.modules.Module,
> > > mx.modules.ModuleBase, mx.modules.ModuleLoader,
> > mx.modules.ModuleManager.
> > > Modules are like RSLs but don't have to be loaded when the
application
> > > starts.

> recommends
SWFLoader in