Just a wild guess, but are you creating a new FileReferenceList each
time? Or attempting to use the same one twice?

Jeff

-----Original Message-----
From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of nathanpdaniel
Sent: Tuesday, May 13, 2008 2:19 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] FileReferenceList crashing IE7

I am writing a simple app to upload files to a server.  Running FB3
and IE7.  I have a FileReferenceList object which I'm calling the
browse() function on.  I select the files the first time around and
it works great.  However, when I click my "browse" button a second
time, the file browser comes up normally, I can search for my file.
When I try to select it, IE7 crashes.  No errors are thrown, no
exceptions, just an IE7 window saying there was an error in the
application.
My select handler function looks like this:

private function selectHandler(event:Event):void
{
  fileList.removeEventListener(Event.SELECT, selectHandler);
  var files:FileReferenceList = FileReferenceList(event.target);
  myFiles = files.fileList;
  fileList.addEventListener(Event.SELECT, selectHandler);
}

I've gone thru debugging and no matter where I put in my breakpoint,
the 2nd time thru, it crashes.

Any ideas?  Or have I somehow discovered a FB3 bug? :D
-Nathan