:) :) sure ...there is nothing that I could not do without extending
dictionary...
with singleTon , I wanted to have the only once reference across the
application ..

I tried once extending it..and ran into a problem..and then solved it by not
sub classing it (directly returning)..
But the curiosity was there in my mind ..hence put up the question here...

Here is the class which i had tried extending dictionary: (though it did not
worked...)

package ms.imfusion.model {

    import flash.utils.Dictionary;
    import ms.imfusion.Constants;

public class MemberList extend dictionary
    {

       private static var instance:MemberList; // instance of self.

        /**
         * property memberList of type Dictionary
         */
        public  var  memberList:Dictionary;

        /**
         * constructor
         */
        public function MemberList(){
            super();
        }

        /**
         * Returns the reference to self
         */
        public static function getInstance():MemberList {
            if(instance == null){
                instance = new MemberList();
            }
            return instance;
        }

         /**
          * Append to memeberlist
          * @param tempMember
          * @returns void
          */
        public function appendtomemelist(tempMember:MemberObject):void {
            var userId:int = tempMember.userId;
            memberList[userId] = tempMember;
         }

        /**
         * Creating memberlist
         * @param obj from server
         * creates MemberObject object and adds to memberlist dictionary
         * @returns void
         */
         public function addToMemberlist(obj:Object):void {
               for(var i:int=0;i<obj.length;i++) {
                 var tempMember:MemberObject = new MemberObject()
                 tempMember.fill(obj[i]);
                 appendtomemelist(tempMember);

         /**
         *Set instance of memberList null on logout
         */
         public static function setInstanceNull():void{
             instance = null; // clear mermber information in the current
session