HI All

I have an xml object in my model called presentationXML. I also have
selectetedFrameXML which is a node within presentationXML.

I have an advancedDataGrid bound to presentationXML and when a node is
selected selectedFrameXML is updated in the model.

I have a component that has dataProvider bound to model.selectedFrameXML.

When I update selectedFrameXML the advancedDataGrid updates fine but the
setter in my component does not fire so that component does not update.

I have come up with this workaround:

            var selectedFrame:XML = model.selectedFrame;
            model.selectedFrame = null;

            [EMAIL PROTECTED] = classType;
            [EMAIL PROTECTED] =
classType.substr(classType.indexOf("::")+2);
            selectedFrame.appendChild(selectedTemplate.getBlankXML());

            model.selectedFrame = selectedFrame;

but I would like to know why the binding does not work in this case. Shoudl
I make the model listen (how?) for an xml updates and then fire the event to
signify that the property has been updated?

Thanks

--
Giles Roadnight
http://giles.roadnight.name