Aren't there still inefficiencies in accessing packed values that aren't
on 32-bit alignments?

________________________________

From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Glenn Williams
Sent: Saturday, May 17, 2008 7:24 AM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [flexcoders] Re: How to tell if variable is an int, uint,
or a Number?

A little off topic I know but I really hope that at some point the Flash
Player extends it number handling to include byte, word, long etc. I
hate using int or uint when I know I really just need a byte or
whatever.

It just pains me.

I suppose that's due to my machine code background, but it always feels
so wasteful.

Glenn Williams

tinylion development UK

www.flex-ria.com