--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Tim Hoff" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> wtf, meant to say import statement.
>
> -TH
>
> --- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Tim Hoff" <TimHoff@> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Mike,
> >
> > You're going to have to add an insert statement for the class:
> >
> > import flash.display.NativeWindow;
> >
> > -TH
> >
> > --- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "ibdwalrus" <mike.rood@> wrote:
> > >
> > > I'm working through Rich Tretola's Beginning Adobe AIR book and
> I'm
> > > stuck on the first NativeWindow example.  The first variable
> > declaration
> > > in the script block
> > >
> > > private var nw1:NativeWindow;
> > >
> > > is throwing the error 1046: Type was not found or was not a
> compile-
> > time
> > > constant: NativeWindow.
> > >
> > > The code so far is this:
> > >
> > > <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
> > > <mx:WindowedApplication xmlns:mx="http://www.adobe.com/2006/mxml";
> > > layout="absolute">
> > >      <mx:Script>
> > >          <![CDATA[
> > >              private var nw1:NativeWindow;
> > >          ]]>
> > >      </mx:Script>
> > > </mx:WindowedApplication>
> > >
> > > What am I missing?
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Mike

Thanks so much, Tim.  That worked like a champ. It looks like the
publisher just failed to include that line in the example code.
What's funny is that I misread the typo in your original post as
"import" and corrected the problem before reading your second post
correcting it. :)

I appreciate your taking the time to help me.

Regards,

Mike