I'd like to know what effect a computer's locale might have on String to Number
conversion in AS3. Specifically, in locales that use a comma as a decimal
separator rather than a period, do the various conversion methods (Number()
function, parseNumber(), Number() class constructor) treat the comma as a
decimal separator? None of the documentation I've read addresses this issue,
and all of the examples use periods as the decimal separator. I suspect that
periods in strings will always be treated as decimal separators (and that's the
behavior I want) but I'd like to know for sure.

PS, sorry that this is not a Flex-specific question, but I posted it to the AS3
forum on Adobe.com yesterday, and it doesn't look like it's going to get a
response.