Thankx...if i set code as you suggest I eliminate the compiler error
but it causes this problem:

The class I'm trying to hit has already instantiated by the time the
MXML file calls getData (it's called from the creationComplete
handler). Creating a new one from my MXML file won't work cuz the
constructor won't get valid data.