Using Merkle's Puzzles, the key wouldn't need to ever be transmitted
across the network.  It, or a seed from which the key could be
formulated, would be contained within one of the puzzles which would
be randomly solved by the client, after which some sort of a
sentinel/signature message could be sent back, and mapped by the
server to one of the keys contained within the puzzle set.

However, because of the weakness of this approach, a long-running
game (in comparison to the amount of time to solve some percentage
of the puzzles) would require a key re-negotiation.

On a slightly different note, I'd worry about runtime analysis (but
I'm not sure what kind of tools, if any, are available for such
analysis of SWFs not compiled for debug mode).  With tools for
runtime analysis, it would make it extremely difficult to provide
sufficient security for the problem.

Overall, the problem is fairly intractable as has pretty much been
pointed out in the thread.

--Kaleb

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, Tom Chiverton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>