I currently have a plot chart which pulls it's data from an array, within
each element of that array is an 'x' and 'y' element which the chart uses as
it;s x and y fields.

However I need to manipulate this data, and in it's current format is is
unwieldy to do this. The code needs to be able to scale to any number of
points.

I tried using something like:

public var points:Number=4;
public var Coords:Array = new Array(points);

public function initialise():void {
for (var i:Number=0; i<points; ++i){
Coords[i] = new Point(0, 0);

in order to allow the code to generate as many points as it needs and still
be flexible. However, i don't know how the plotchart can pull data from this
array. The built in 'point' feature in flex is useful as it comes with built
in functions to calculate the distance between two points which will be used
a lot.

Any help on getting the plot chart to be able to pull data from a flexible
array, especially one using the point feature will be greatly appreciated.
If you need more of the code to be posted then I can pastebin it or
something.

Thanks