Hi.

I do indeed see that the
flex.data.assembler.HibernateAnnotationsAssembler is provided in the
flex.data.jar file distributed with LCDS 2.6b2.

However, I have no idea how to get it working:

I tried modifying the simple Contact demo using Hibernate that comes
as a sample for LCDS 2.6 to use annotations, and then I commented out
the following line in hibernate.cfg.xml:

   <mapping resource="flex/samples/contact/Contact.hbm.xml"/>

Then I changed the data-management-config.xml entry for

   <destination id="hibernate-contact">

To use

  <source>flex.data.assemblers.HibernateAnnotationsAssembler</source>

And I assumed this was all I would have to change to get this working.

However, when I attempt to start up the server, I simply get errors i.e.:

[Flex] [ERROR] MessageBroker failed to start:
flex.data.adapters.AdapterException: No Hibernate mapping was found
for entity name 'flex.samples.contact.Contact' configured in
destination 'hibernate-contact'. Please verify that your destination
configuration specifies a valid <hibernate-entity/>, or that the
destination id references a valid entity.
        at flex.data.assemblers.HibernateType.start(HibernateType.java:195)
        at
flex.data.assemblers.HibernateAssembler.start(HibernateAssembler.java:205)

I was not able to locate the source code for the
HibernateAnnotationsAssembler anywhere, nor can I find any reference
to this file in any other forum, site, document, etc.

I did look at the decompiled code, and I can see that it simply
extends the Hibernate assebmler, and over-writes the
createHiberanteConfigureation method, but again, I just don't know
what the magic is to get this thing configured and reading in
annotation information.

Any small, simple example would be just lovely.

Thanks!

Greg Gordon