No, it happens in other scenarios as well.

Here are some of the documented scenarios I've tested and the result (If
further verbiage necessary, let me know)

Font   Location (Embed Type)   Control Location   Result
Application   (ttf)   Application   Good       Application   (ttf)
Application (SL)   Good       Application   (swf)   Application   BAD
Application   (swf)   Application (SL)   BAD       Application   (ttf)
Module (SL)   BAD       Application   (swf)   Module (SL)   BAD
Application   using SL (ttf)   Application   BAD       Application
using SL (ttf)   Application (SL)   BAD       Module   (ttf)   Module
(SL)   Not Embeded
SL = shared library project
ttf = font embeded in mxml from ttf file
swf = font embeded with StyleManager.loadStyleDeclarations or from swf
file (generated by flex)

Embedding the swf in mxml and using a font swf from flash are other
variables I've played around with but haven't yet found the winning
combination.  This seems to work in some instances but not others (need
to specify a font family on the TextArea control or goes blank with
rotation)

The more I play around with it, the more confused i get.  [:(]

Thoughts?

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Gordon Smith" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Are you claiming that this only happens when you dynamically load a
SWF
> containing embedded fonts? I doubt it. I'll bet it's a problem with
> embedded fonts, even if they're embedded in the application SWF. It
> looks like the font embedding process at compilation time can produce
> glyphs that are less attractive that the original device font.
>

> Please file a bug at http://bugs.adobe.com/flex/.
>

> Gordon Smith
>
> Adobe Flex SDK Team

On