From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Body Works Studio
Sent: Thursday, June 05, 2008 3:47 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] Please help graphics.beginFill and css issue

Hi all,

came across an issue with our custom tab skin. while drawing the
shapes we pull the colors from our css. the colors are stored like

backgroundColor: #FFFFFF

we then call the style via

var backgroundColor:Number = getStyle( "backgroundColor" );

then we fill our shape
graphics.beginFill( backgroundColor, backgroundAlpha );

now in flex 2 this worked fine. In Flex 3 however it does not. I did
some testing and if I hardcode backgroundColor:

var backgroundColor:Number = #FFFFFF;

the fill still doesnt work. Now if I change the var to a uint and
modify the value to comply

var backgroundColor:Number = 0xFFFFFF;

the skin renders. Now here is my issue. css does not recognize
0xFFFFFF. Any ideas what I am doing wrong, or what I can do to get
this to work with Flex 3?

thanks your your time

Jeff