I have a feature build in to my Flex Plots chart that searches my data
points by given value and than it select the points on chart. This
part works fine, but also need to display the datatips associated with
this data point and let them remain opened.

Any help!!! will very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Here is some of the code I am using to select the data points:

        public function selectItems(event:Event):void {

                        // Create an array of all the chart's series.

                        var allSeries:Array = bigChart.series;

                        // Iterate over each series.
                        for (var i:int=0; i < allSeries.length; i++)
                        {
                                var selectedData:Array = [];

                                        for (var j:int=0; j< mainData.length;
j++)
                                        {
                                                if (mainData.getItemAt(j).A ==
Number(txtOrderNum.text))
                                        {
                                                        selectedData.push(j);

                        allSeries[i].selectedIndices = selectedData;

                        }
                        txtOrderNum.text = '';

txtOrderNum.text, 'Alert Box', mx.controls.Alert.OK);
                        //}