Thanks, but this technique seems to work for all values in the column,
not just the value in each individual row.  It seems that if one of
the values for grant_year in a column meets the condition, then all
checkboxes are either hidden or visible. I want to do this row by row
and turn visible on or off based on the grant_year value in that row.

Any other ideas?

Thanks

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, Manu Dhanda <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Here it is:
> <mx:DataGrid id="mygrid" dataProvider="{initDG}" >
>   <mx:columns>
>
>     <mx:DataGridColumn id="grant_year" dataField="grant_year"/>
>
>     <mx:DataGridColumn id="cashoutshares" dataField="cashoutshares"
> itemRenderer="mx.controls.CheckBox"  visible="{!grant_year=='somevalue'
> implement ur logic here}"/>
>
>   </mx:columns>
> </mx:DataGrid
>

> anthony_morsey wrote:
> >
> > Here is my code:
> >
> > <mx:DataGrid id="mygrid" dataProvider="{initDG}" >
> >   <mx:columns>
> >
> >     <mx:DataGridColumn id="grant_year" dataField="grant_year"/>
> >
> >     <mx:DataGridColumn id="cashoutshares" dataField="cashoutshares"
> > itemRenderer="mx.controls.CheckBox" />
> >
> >   </mx:columns>
> > </mx:DataGrid
> >

> > I want to hide the "cashoutshares" column (or turn off the
> > itemrenderer in that column)  based on the data value of "grant_year".
> >
> > Thanks
> >

> > --- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "jmfillman" <jmfillman@> wrote:
> >>
> >> Anthony,
> >>
> >> If you are passing the data from the columns of each row to the
> >> itemRenderer, you should be able to set visibility conditions
from the
> >> itemRenderer.
> >>
> >> If you post your code, I or someone else here might be able to
provide
> >> a more specific suggestion.
> >>
> >> JF

I'd like