I have a small app (A) that uses Flash Vars to control various display
properties. These Vars are passed in via the URL and PHP. Its designed
as a small portal to be embedded into clients' web pages.

I want to build a style explore type app (B) to allow users to select
a style of app A - view it dynamically, at the same time I would
generate the small html code snippet in a textArea that they would
copy and use to embed the portal into their web page.

Is there a way I can insert the original app A into another Flex app B
similar to how custom components can be dropped in, and expose the
vars in app A to app B ?

I would like to have these loosely coupled. Whats the best practice
for accomplishing what I am after ?