Hi,

No, this is a design decision within the framework.

This is a hard fast rule;

Whenever you want scrollbars in a child container, set the parent
container's minWidth or minHeight (whichever scrollbar yo want) to 0. This
will force the layout manager to crunch the child within it's parent's
viewable area (thus showing scrollbars) or else the layout manager will use
the measured dimension of the child and expand the parent.

Mike

--
Teoti Graphix, LLC
http://www.teotigraphix.com

Teoti Graphix Blog
http://www.blog.teotigraphix.com

You can find more by solving the problem then by 'asking the question'.