I have a Flex app which needs to run on the server in the background.  I was
thinking of
turning into an AIR app since it really doesn't need to run on the browser.
But how could I
deploy this.

I am sending my entire flex project as a .war file to deploy on the server and
am using
BlazeDS to work with some java backend code.  But all of the tutorials for AIR
seem to
assume some sort of manual install method and I just want to bundle it with my
current
project.  Is this possible?  And if so, how is this done?

As a side note, I don't know if there is a separate AIR group or forum
somewhere that might
be a better place to ask about these things.  If you know of one, please let me
know.