To find out if you have a specific debug version of the player
installed, go to this page
http://www.macromedia.com/software/flash/about/ and right-click in the
flash banner. If you are running the debug version of the Flash Player,
it should say "Debugger" in the menu under "Show Redraw Regions".

By the way, Flex Builder 3 should install the debug version of the
9.0.115 player in your browser as a matter of course, so maybe something
went wrong with your installation process?

(I think that's the version it installs, it may have been updated to
9.0.124 for recent purchases)

Joseph Balderson, Flash Platform Developer | http://joeflash.ca

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Hello all,
>
>                 So I started learning Flex Builder CS3 recently.  I am
> new to Flex.  I am studying through a self-paced class on Lynda.com.  I
> get to the chapter on debugging and the instructor says I need to find
> out if I have the Flash Player 9 debug version.  Unfortunately the
> instructor does not say what the debugger version of the Flash Player is
> or how to get it.  I cannot find on Adobe’s site anything about a Flash
> player debug version.  I do know that I do not have the debug version of
> Flash Player – I was instructed in how to check to see if I had the
> Debug version of the Flash player.  Like I said, I know that I do not
> have it.
>
>                 I almost sound foolish.  I mean maybe this is a setting
> on the Flash Player or with Flex.  I called Adobe and spent a great deal
> of time talking to different folks.  No one seems to know about a Debug
> version of Flash Player.  I was instructed that I could send an email
> talking about my problem.  I was told that I could purchase a support
> plan for one problem for nearly $500, when I just paid $699 for the Pro
> version of Flex Builder CS3, less than 3 weeks ago.  I didn’t know that
> I was needing this version of the Flash Player until just recently.
> Personally, I thought that if I needed a different version of the Flash
> Player then support personnel  for Adobe Flex would know something about
> this.  I was told that Flex is a server application and so that is why
> it would cost almost $500 for support for one single problem.  Of
> course, another tech support person that I spoke to before that, said
> that I had reached the support area for server products and that she
> didn’t know anything about Flex.  The message was that I was mistakenly
> taken to a server product support number or extension and that this
> person supporting Adobe Server products knows nothing about Adobe Flex.
>
>                 I have never been asked to pay money to get a product to
> work right after purchasing the product.
>
>                 Please help me if you have any advice, knowledge or
> suggestions,
>
> Bruce

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional