Hey guys,

Thanks for your help,

I ended up having to use both methods because of the nested
conditionals - they kept trying to loop.

So I now have -

                var overbooked:Boolean = false;

                while ( startDate <= endDate )
                {
                        for (var a:int = 0; a <= disabledDates.length; a++) {

                                stayLength[i] = year.toString() + "," +
month.toString() +
"," + startDate.toString();

                                        if ( disabledDates[a] == stayLength[i]
) {
                                        overbooked = true;
                                        if (overbooked)
                        {
                            Alert.show("Date Overbooked!", "Sorry", Alert.OK);
                            break;
                        }
                                i++;
                                        startDate++;
                }

Thanks for your help!

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Michael Schmalle"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Yeah Doug, thats easy...
>
> To many commitProperties() calls for my, my head is templated.
>
> Mike
>
> On Wed, Jun 11, 2008 at 1:10 PM, Doug McCune <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> >   or just do:
> >

> > f ( disabledDates[a] == stayLength[i] ) {
> >     Alert.show("Date Overbooked!", "Sorry", Alert.OK);}
> >     break;
> > }
> >
> > Doug
> >
> > On Wed, Jun 11, 2008 at 9:55 AM, Michael Schmalle <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > wrote:
> >
> >>   Hi,
> >>
> >> This might help;
> >>
> >> var i:int = 0;
> >> var overbooked:Boolean = false;
> >>

> >> while ( startDate <= endDate ){
> >>
> >>     for (var a:int = 0; a <= disabledDates.length; a++) {
> >>
> >>         stayLength[i] = year.toString() + "," + month.toString()
+ "," +
> >>         startDate.toString();
> >>
> >>         if ( disabledDates[a] == stayLength[i] ) {
> >>             overbooked = true;
> >>         }
> >>
> >>     i++;
> >>     startDate++;
> >>
> >> }
> >>
> >> if (overbooked)
> >> {
> >>     Alert.show("Date Overbooked!", "Sorry", Alert.OK);
> >> }
> >>
> >> Mike

Alert box