It also may be that you're not making a hard link to the module and it's
getting garbage collected before you're doing anything with it.

I don't remember exactly the details, but I had an issue with modules
sometimes loading and sometimes not loading between compiles of my app.
Once I added a hard reference to the module once it was loaded, that went
away.

The garbage collection could play differently between browsers which is why
the modules get garbage collected in some browsers and not others.  There
could be a better way of saying that.  It's not that the garbage collector
behaves differently, but some browsers might have a larger overhead than
others and so the GC may get rid of stuff differently.

Mark