Hello all,
        For reasons I cannot understand, this problem is somewhat
fixed.  What I mean is that the application using a DataGrid which
pulls in data from an XML file is working in Firefox browser.  It is
not working in Internet Exployer, which instead keeps telling me that
I need the Flash Player.  As I stated, I can run Flash applications in
Internet Explorer without any problem but from Flex, if I run an
application and choose Internet Explorer for the browser, it says that
I need the Flash Player.
       Ok, so the other question I had was in relation to what happens
and things appear in the browser address bar when I select run from
the Application file in Flex.  It seems to display to me like one
might see in Dreamweaver when the site is not defined or when  the
page is not yet saved.  Specifically, I see this as the link in the
browser when I select run from Flex.
file:///C:/Users/Public/Documents/Flex%20Builder%203/Chapter11/chapter11Begin/bin-debug/HTTPServiceDemo.html
That's what appears in the browser address bar when I test from Flex.
The screen I see on the instructor's computer has the path as:
c:\flex3\workspace\chapter11\bin-debug\HTTPServiceDemo.html

Isn't it possible that things are not quite right if this is
happening?  Can anyone offer me any help, suggestions, or etc?
Again, why might this work in Firefox but I get an error in IE saying
that I need Flash Player, which works fine with Flash on websites
across the web.
thanks,
Bruce