Hi,

We have used Flex messaging in an Flex/Java based application. The
messaging works fine in our production/QA server. But when we
deployed the application to the production server, which can be
accessed by a public IP, the messaging feature failed. Nevertheless,
if we connect the production server using a VPN connection and use
an internal IP to run the application, the messaging is working but
does not work when the same application is accessed using the public
IP.
We have used rtmp channel for messaging and we have opened the port
used in both the public IP as well as the internal IP.

<channel-definition id="my-rtmp"
class="mx.messaging.channels.RTMPChannel">
            <endpoint uri="rtmp://{server.name}:2037"
class="flex.messaging.endpoints.RTMPEndpoint"/>
            <properties>
                <idle-timeout-minutes>20</idle-timeout-minutes>
            </properties>
        </channel-definition>

Still we have the same problem. We are unable to find the reason for
the dubious behavior.

Could anyone please help us to resolve this problem. What possibly
could be going wrong?

Thanks and Regards,
Paromita