--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Alex Harui" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Why not just set a flag instead of calling preventDefault, then check
> the flag afterwards.
>

> BTW, you shouldn't be dispatching COLLECTION_CHANGE yourself.  Best to
> use itemUpdated when changing quantity.  A COLLECTION_CHANGE will fire
> when the default code inserts the dropped items.

I was beginning to think of something along the same lines, by flag I
assume you mean something like a boolean variable going from true to
false depending on what happened? Also, about the COLLECTION_CHANGE
event dispatching, it really doesn't matter since I need the new
values to be displayed anyway when new items are inserted anyway, but
if itemUpdated works better then I'll give that a shot. Again, thanks
for the help I really appreciate it.