Hi Hongsheng,

You could bind a variable to the x value of tryMe, and update the value
of the variable when the state changes.  Or, use a tenery statement
(ugly for this):

<mx:Canvas id="tryMe" x="{currentState=='myFirstState' ? this.width/2.0
- tryMe.width : this.width/3.0 - tryMe.width}"

-TH

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Hongsheng Chen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>