> Do you know if a user can view the DB outside of the AIR
> application?  Like, can they find mydb.db and open up the file to
    > see the data?

That's affirmative.  They just have to download the tool from
sqlite.org .  It's what I used to build/test databases for my AIR
projects in the past.  They can also change the file extension to .txt
and open it that way - albeit you'd have to know what to look for when
doing that because it's kind of "jumbly".  But for your question - yes
and it's not hard.

-Nathan D.