From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of LazerWonder
Sent: Tuesday, June 17, 2008 6:26 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] Question regarding EventDispatcher

Here's the scenerio:

- In a component, I'm dispatching an event. Let's call it: "MyEvent"
- In the main application, there is an EventDispatcher that's
listening for the component event.

None of this is Cairnogorm for many reasons. (Although I have
nothing against that framework).

However, this is not working. Would someone be able to explain why
and how I can go about solving this? Thanks!

===
Sample code: (Assume all imports are there).
===

public class MyClass extends EventDispatcher {
//stuff

public function myFunction():void {
//more stuff... then...
this.addEventListener (MyEvent.EVENT_GOOD, doGood);
this.addEventListener (MyEvent.EVENT_BAD, doBad);

var test:TestComponent = new TestComponent();
}

public function doGood(e:MyEvent):void {
//do other stuff
}

public function doBad(e:MyEvent):void {
//do stuff

---
In component:

package com.mystuff.test {
public class TestComponent {
public function TestComponent() {
//do stuff here
var t:TestDispatcher = new TestDispatcher();
t.dispatchMyEvent();

package com.mystuff.test {
public class TestDispatcher extends EventDispatcher {
public function TestDispatcher() {
super();
}

public function dispatchMyEvent():void {
dispatchEvent( new MyEvent (MyEvent.RESULT) );

package com.mystuff.test.events {
public class MyEvent extends Events {
public static var EVENT_GOOD= "goodStuff";
public static var EVENT_BAD = "badStuff";

public function MyEvent (type:String) {
super(type);