This seems like it should be alot easier than I'm making it so thought I'd
put it out here:

Basically what I'd like to acheive is something like the following:

<mx:HBox
        horizontalScrollPolicy="off"
        verticalScrollPolicy="off"
        width="300"

        <mx:Panel title="Panel 1" width="150" x="-150" />
        <mx:Panel title="Panel 2" width="150" x="0" />
        <mx:Panel title="Panel 3" width="150" x="150" />
    </mx:HBox>

Note that 'Panel 1' has an x position of negative 150 so, as the containing
HBox is only 300 wide I'd like to see only panel's 2 and 3 visible and 1 is
off to the left. However I can only get it to show panel 1 and panel 2 with
panel 3 off to the right.

The overall goal is to create a UI that allows the display of items 1 and 2
OR items 2 and 3 and the view will slide into the chosen formation. However
I seem to be stuck at the first hurdle. I've tried playing around with
borders, scrollPolicy and clipContent but not yet managed to get any nearer.
Any help much appreciated.

Dan

--
http://danny-t.co.uk