You should check out the VideoDisplay component for starters.  If you
want to do that with a Flex based web app, look into Networking and
Communication because you'll have to save the image from the camera,
upload it to a server, then download it.  Flash 9 doesn't have access
to the local file system.  But I hear Flash 10 will (not sure if that's
true or not though).
-Nate

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, Dan Pride <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I would like to issue commands to a locally connected digital camera
and retrieve the image file, rename it and store it locally.