Read the doc on custom components.  The lifecycle methods
(commitProperties, measure, updateDisplayList are designed to handle
this kind of problem.

________________________________

From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Body Works Studio
Sent: Wednesday, June 25, 2008 8:06 AM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] Is it possible to get compontnet height is it
doesnt have height="###"

Hello all,

I have a flowContainer that is dynamically added to a vbox on load.
Inside that flowContainer I dynamically fill it with labels (one label
per phrase) via an addChild(). currently I do not define a height on
the flowContainer. The vbox and its parent make up a itemRenderer
component for a list.

Is it possible to get the height of the flowContainer? so I know how
to size the overall row? I have tried var rowHeight:int =
flowContainer.height but it does not work.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Jeff