One place that is somewhat painful for me is when dealing with
interfaces and vars vs. getters/setters.  Most of the time my
interfaces use methods only, but there are occasions where it makes
sense to toss a property in there.  Since you can't have var in an
interface, I find myself writing getters and setters.  Small pain, but
a pain.

Oh, another one.  When you're extending the Cairngorm ServiceLocator.
 Back in the days before getService was deprecated, we used vars to
represent the services, because that was simple.  When we upgraded to
getWebService, things broke because it uses describeType to find
read/write accessors.  Another place where it would be handy to have
the auto-generation.  (I know, could have changed their
implementation, but wasn't as well-versed at the time).