That's what I figured, just wanted to confirm.  I still think the change
(which was for CheckBox) had unintended consequences in RadioButton, so
file a bug.

________________________________

From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Samuel Neff
Sent: Thursday, June 26, 2008 7:17 AM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [flexcoders] RadioButton change event not firing in Flex 3
when button in group is deselected

Alex,

We're listening to the button and not the group because we can easily
bind our button to our datamodel but listening to the group requires
more manual work on our part.  So we go from a simple binding expression
to a more complex loop which simply redoes the same work that
RadioButtonGroup already does.  Additionally, this is old code that
worked in Flex 2, if we were developing from scratch in Flex 3 I don't
think we would have run into this problem as we would simply have
accepted the strange behavior.

Josh,

Where do you see this documented?  The Button documentation states " For
the RadioButton controls, this event is dispatched when the selected
property changes" and "this event is dispatched only when the user
interacts with the control by using the mouse" but that is not the
case.. user clicks a radio button, the selected property changes, but
the event is not broadcast.

The code you posted, which is the same as the code I posted in my
original e-mail, shows that the change to Button was intentional but I'm
not sure if the repercussions that had on RadioButton were also
intentional.

Thanks,

Sam

We're Hiring! Seeking passionate Flex, C#, or C++ (RTSP, H264) developer
in the Washington D.C. Contact [EMAIL PROTECTED]
<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

On Thu, Jun 26, 2008 at 1:24 AM, Josh McDonald <[EMAIL PROTECTED]