Hi,

I'm currently learning flex by trying to build an application with
flex, blazeds and Spring. My application lets users log on using
spring security (which I will probably combine with
AcegiLogonCommand). I would like my assemblers to return different
data based on which user is currently logged on (for instance to show
that specific user's to-do list). To do this, I added a userId
property to my spring security principals (by subclassing
org.springframework.security.userdetails.User)
 and added user_id columns to user-specific data in the database. Now
I would like to know how I can get the currently logged on user in my
assembler so I can use its userId to fetch the user's data.

Is the assembler the right place to decide which data to send to my
flex application? If so, can anyone tell me how to determine which
user is currently logged on in my assembler? If not, what would be the
recommended way of dealing with user-specific data in my database in
combination with blazeds?

The only examples I have been able to find on the Internet so far only
use different roles to determine what a user is or is not allowed to
do, I have yet to find any examples where users store and retrieve
user-specific data.

Kind regards,

Jeroen