In my itemRenderer, on CreationComplete I was calling a function which
set two variables.  From those variables I was displaying information.
If I take out those variables and use the "data" property instead, it
works.  I don't like that but, I guess that's just how it works.
It does bring up another question though:  if I wanted to do it the
other way, how do I detect changes to the data property?  The dataChange
event doesn't do it (unless I'm using it wrong).  I can use the
updateComplete but it fires off every time there's any type of
interaction with it (a bit overkill).

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com <mailto:flexcoders@yahoogroups.com> ,

<mailto:flexcoders@yahoogroups.com>  <flexcoders%40yahoogroups.com>,
> > "nathanpdaniel" <ndaniel@> wrote:
> > >
> > > BTW - If I don't use an itemRenderer, it works fine and displays
how
> > > it should.
> > >

> > > --- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
<mailto:flexcoders@yahoogroups.com>  <flexcoders%40yahoogroups.com>,