> The cache problem has been mentioned by many – it might be worth noting from
> my experience Flash doesn’t always honour http meta tags such as No-Cache.

In my experience Flash never obeyed the No-Cache metatag since I began working
with Flash in version 4, it supposedly doesn't work for plugins, just the HTML
of the page itself.

The problem is not one of caching -- the browser will always cache the SWF
unless you use some form of dynamic SWF encryption like Nitro-LM -- but that
the
browser uses the cashed SWF more than once.

The best way to ensure that the browser always reloads the SWF from the server
and not the cache, is to use SWFObject or JS to instantiate the OBJECT/EMBED
tags for the flash plugin, and at the end of the SWF filename, append the
following JS:

... myApp.swf?"+(new Date()).getTime() ...

This will create a unique string at the end of the filename, and the browser
will think it's a unique file every time, thus loading the SWF from the server,
every time.

What I did was modify the index.template.html file to work with SWFObject, and
append that JS on the end while I'm testing my application.

See if that works.

Joseph Balderson, Flash Platform Developer | http://joeflash.ca

Tim Rowe wrote:
> Though you seem to have this figured out, might I suggest that you add a
> build number to your compiled project somewhere that you can verify when
> getting, whether it’s coming from cache etc.
>
> The cache problem has been mentioned by many – it might be worth noting
> from my experience Flash doesn’t always honour http meta tags such as
> No-Cache.
>

> Though others have already picked it to death, what is it that indicated
> to you that it ‘does not compile’.  If it’s just that it appears to do
> very little, remember that like most common compilers, Flex does
> incremental building and linking.
>

> --Tim Rowe
>
> Software Engineer
>
> carsales.com.au